This dish is loaded with potassium, folate, selenium, vitamins B, C, D and omega 3 fatty acids, which has been shown to help protect the heart by thinning the blood and increasing the levels of good cholesterol in the body. Avocado contains the monounsaturated fat, folic acid, which has been shown to help lower cholesterol in the body.
Calories per serving: 600
- 1 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 avocados
- ½ lime, juiced
- 2 large vine tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- Small handful of coriander
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- Pepper, to season
- 2 fresh tuna steaks
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, to season
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry pan and set aside to cool.
- Scoop out the flesh of one avocado and blend until smooth.
- Scoop the second avocado and add to the blender along with the lime juice, tomatoes, red onion, coriander and chilli. Season to taste.
- Stir the toasted seeds through the guacamole.
- Heat a small frying pan with a little oil and add the tuna steaks, cooking to taste.
- Serve each tuna steak with half the guacamole then drizzle with olive oil.